News updates from Solar Oregon
How would you like to buy a solar electric (photovoltaic) system for your home or business, and cut the payback time almost in half? PV/T (photovoltaic thermal) systems may offer a way to improve solar payback times by capturing the waste heat energy from the Photovoltaic (PV) system for your building’s water and space heating needs. Of the sun’s energy that falls on the PV modules, about 15% is converted to useful electricity, which leaves 85% of the sun’s energy available as heat. This excess heating of the PV module is wasted and also decreases PV module efficiency.
A three part series, these Goal Net Zero (GNZ) discussions are great follow up for anyone that has attended a past GNZ tour or just wanting to learn more about net zero concepts, design and building science.
Learn the Basics of Going Solar in Oregon. Learn about Solar Thermal and Solar Electric systems and how Tax credits and Incentives can pick up more than half of the cost.