- This event has passed.
Solar Drinks – Smart Business Design
October 18 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Solar Oregon will host a happy hour gathering for industry professionals on Thursday, October 18th at Teote’s Mezclería from 5:30 to 7:00 PM. Smart Business Design will feature a forum for discussion about challenges and opportunities in the solar industry today. Program participants include Randy Feldhaus, Principal/Sunbreak Energy Advisors, Randy Batchelor, Principal/Sol Rebel and Robert W. Cross, Principal/Cross Consulting Services. Corey Omey, Principal of EMA Architecture and Solar Oregon Board Member will be the moderator for the evening.
- 5:30 – 5:45 PM: Meet & Greet
- 5:45 – 6 PM: Program Introduction
- 6-6:45 PM: Open Discussion
- 6:45-7 PM: Question & Answer
The solar landscape in Oregon is challenged at the moment. The BETC has been absent for years, the RETC sunset at the end of 2017 and community solar will not be online until 2019. The Portland Clean Energy Fund is on the ballot in November, but it won’t make a material impact until 2020 (after receipts are collected). Many business owners in the audience may be concerned about business in the immediate term.
There are several topics that may be of interest to the audience. Details are as follows:
State tax credits may not be likely to return given the political and economic climate. How does this impact the industry?
- What challenges and opportunities does community solar present for solar contractors?
- How important are finance tools when selling solar projects?
- Is it time for solar businesses to embrace strategy in regard to business development and their approach to market?
- How important are ancillary businesses–HVAC, electrical, roofing, etc.–for a business model?
- How can solar advocates, ambassadors, non-profit organizations, and solar companies work together to bridge the marketing gap between electricity consumers, and potential solar owners, and the solar contractors?