Basics of Going Solar - Coos Bay
Feb 28, 2012
from 06:00 PM to 07:30 PM
|Where||Coos Bay Fire Department Central Station, 450 Elrod Ave, Coos Bay, OR 97420|
|Contact Name||Emily Krafft|
|Add event to calendar||
THIS WORKSHOP IS CURRENTLY FULL.
This free workshop covers the basics of why solar is a smart choice for Oregon homeowners. We have broken this workshop into 2 parts. The first part will cover:
- How well solar works in Oregon's climate
- Available solar technologies and how they fit into your overall energy use
- How to choose a contractor
- Site considerations
In the second half of the workshop we will cover the financial considerations of going solar including:
- Financial incentives, tax credits
- Feed in Tariff Pilot program
- Leasing and power purchase options
- Financing options
Residential tax credits and incentives often pay for up to 80% of the cost!
Plus Chief Stan Gibson will present the Fire Station's PV and Solar Water Heating systems!
Participants will come away with basic knowledge about solar energy systems and will be prepared to do more focused research on their own and start working with a contractor.