Basics of Going Solar Workshop and Tour - PCC Rock Creek
Jul 13, 2013
from 01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
|Where||PCC Rock Creek, Building 7 Rm 103, 17705 NW Springville Rd, Portland, 97229|
|Add event to calendar||
PCC Rock Creek's 500kW ground mounted solar array
Join us for a free Basics of Going Solar workshop and tour of PCC Rock Creek's solar array.
1pm Workshop Begins
2:30pm Solar Tour
About the Workshop:
The Basics of Going Solar workshop covers why solar is a smart
choice for Oregon.
Come find out:
- How well solar works in Oregon's climate
- Available solar technologies and how they fit into your overall energy use
- What makes a good site for solar
- The financial considerations of going solar including incentives and tax credits
- Leasing, power purchase and financing options
Residential tax credits and incentives often pay for up to 75% of the cost!
About the Tour:
Visit the largest ground mounted solar array in the Portland Metro area, approximately 35,000 square feet of solar. This area also doubles as a sheep pasture, so be sure to bring appropriate footwear for the tour (i.e. boots or sneakers. Closed toe shoes are a must)
PCC Tour and Workshop will be led by Solar Oregon Board Member, Bruce Barney.
Please RSVP to let us know you are coming!
Sheep from the school’s farm will help keep weeds away from
the panels by grazing around, and under, the array. From