Solar Oregon Welcomes End of Year Contributions
Students at the Muslim Educational Trust experiment with solar cars - part of the K-12 solar curriculum Solar Oregon provides
By Ellen Crivella
Solar Oregon Board Member
This has been a busy year for Solar Oregon! The organization is stronger and more involved with solar energy education, community outreach and positive policy change than ever before. Together with our members, partners and volunteers we are driving demand for solar energy by building a body of people, knowledge and success that benefits all Oregonians.
Some highlights from 2011 include the following:
- Solar Oregon delivered 45 community workshops focused on energy education, 15 of which were outside of the Portland Metro area;
- Solar Oregon administered Solar Now! University, a small conference that provides community solar champions the technical education and background needed to manage and coordinate solar educational and outreach programs in their communities;
- Solar Oregon reworked the organization's Strategic Plan and brought on three new Board members;
- Solar Oregon continued with programs such as the Goal Net Zero Tour, Goal Net Zero Interest Group, and Solar Drinks; and
- Solar Oregon hired four new staff members, including a Programs Manager, Director of Development, Volunteer Coordinator, and News Management and Social Media Intern.
In thinking about end of year giving, consider making a contribution to Solar Oregon. If you are currently a member you could solidify your support by becoming a lifetime member. Presently there are only a handful of dedicated lifetime members and we would welcome you to the group. Or, you could purchase a gift membership for a colleague, client, or friend. This would allow additional individuals access to Solar Oregon’s programs and networking efforts, such as Solar Drinks. Finally, a tax-deductible contribution in any amount will help Solar Oregon with day to day operations, continued solar energy programming and outreach, and policy support. To purchase a membership or make a contribution, go to the Solar Oregon website: www.SolarOregon.org.
The end of the year is upon us, and when finalizing your tax deductible contributions for 2011 please keep Solar Oregon in mind!